This chocolate tart is my go to for a stand out dessert. It doesn’t rise, so it’s fool proof (just don’t burn it!) and it’s gluten free!
I’ve used raspberries and coconut on this recipe but you can use fresh fig and nougat or meringue and double cream. If you’re feeling really naughty top it with marshmallows and pistachios for a killer Rocky Road. My café is right next to a chocolate factory (Whistler’s Chocolate Factory- jealous much?) so I’ve used their 70% dark chocolate but you can use milk if you prefer.
SERVES 1 (only joking)
- 195g almond meal
- 195g brown sugar or caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 425g milk or dark chocolate
- 150ml milk
- 200g frozen raspberies (or fresh if you prefer)
- 100g toasted shaved coconut
- 200g dark chocolate for ganache with 80ml milk
- Pre-heat oven to 175c fan forced
- Melt the 425g of chocolate and 150ml milk together in a heatproof bowl over boiling water until smooth
- Whisk eggs and sugar together in another bowl until light and fluffy
- Add the almond meal, egg and sugar mix into the melted chocolate. Mix until smooth and combined.
- Pour into a 20cm shallow tart tray, lined with baking paper to prevent spillage in the oven.
- Cook for around 30 min or until firm to the touch.
- Let cool, then to dress the tart
- Melt the 200g chocolate with the splash of milk or butter to create your ganache.
- sprinkle raspberries evenly on top
- Drizzle with ganache so you can still see the lovely red through the chocolate and then finish with toasted coconut.