Broad Bean pesto
1kg broad beans unshelled
200g parmesan shaved or grated
1 lemon juiced and zested
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- De-shell your Swan Valley broad beans from their pod and blanch in a pot of boiling water for 1-2 min, set aside to cool.
- Once they’re cool enough to handle, double peel the beans by taking off the next layer, revealing a bright green hue
- Place peeled beans into the food processor with parmesan, olive oil, lemon and cracked black pepper
- Process the mixture until it’s mixed well but still rustic looking
- Alter seasoning to taste but try adding more lemon before adding more salt (much healthier) place in a bowl or container and put to the side.