Day before : soak 1 kg dried black beans overnight, plenty of water.
Black Bean Taco Bowl Recipe
- 3 Tbs garlic
- 195g brown sugar or caster sugar
- 3 Tbsp chipotle in adoba, chopped
- 3 Tbsp cumin powder
- 3 Tbsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- Cook soaked black beans in water with 1 Tbsp bi carb until soft
- Brown the onion
- Add chipotle and garlic, cook for 2 minutes
- Add spices. Cook out.
- Stir through beans and add the water until its created enough of a sauce mixture.
- 6 avocadoes, seed out, skinned and diced
- 1 chilli, deseeded, finely diced
- 2 small bunches fresh coriander
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tspn salt and pepper
- ½ red onion, finely diced
Add all diced ingredients together in a bowl and make sure there is enough lime juice to prevent the avocado going brown. Should last 2 days possibly 3. Make sure to remove any browning avocado from the top before serving to a customer.
The ratio is 1 cup of uncooked quinoa to 2 cups of liquid. Bring quinoa and liquid to the boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 15-20 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Add a 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and this will last up to 4 days possibly 5, always check before serving.
Use a mandolin to finely dice the green apple, Slice with a knife into ½ cm juliennes. Try to do this fresh and to order. If busy you can pre-slice and keep in cold water with some lemon juice.
Spinach and red onion
Dress with lemon oil or extra virgin oil or balsamic dressing, use diced red onion.
Quenelled sour cream and julienned chilli and tortilla
Finish with sour cream, julienned chilli for garnish, add freshly toasted tortillas, folded and tucked into the side.